The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In dry wheat, where shoe loss is the major limiting factor, not horsepower or rotor loss, is the 9770 much larger than the 9760, or the 9870 than the 9860? I am looking for people who may have run them side by side during the wheat harvest.

I am thinking about buying a new 70 series or a used 60 series for my farm. Dealer claims the 70 series is definately 15-30% more capacity than the 60 series, especially the 9870.

Prices on the new ones are enough to make think twice.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Re: Do 70 series have more capacity than 60 series

I'm not really sure if that extended chaffer on the 9870 makes any difference, we grow lower yielding high straw wheat so for us the extra power does make an increase in capacity. If you had 100bpa wheat with light straw I could imagine very little difference. BTW the chopper in the 70 series is fantastic we were very impressed but it does pull alot of horsepower.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

On my 9860 it is usually shoe loss that is limiting my capacity. In most conditions here a 9760 and 9860 will be equal in capacity because of the same size shoe.

I was just wondering because deere is claiming better shoe capacity with the changes on the 70 series and the 9870 supposedly has 15% more precleaner area. It would look like the 9870 should have more capacity than the 9770 in dry conditions. I typically harvest 40-60 bus/ac spring wheat and cut my stubble very high. My 9860 struggles to consistently cut 1000 bus/hr according to the monitor, usually at 800 bus/hr or less.

Lexion dealer in alberta is new, so I want to wait and see if they survive a couple of years and there are hardly any new holland dealers left.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

if muddy's post answered the question of the original poster why not leave it on here?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts