The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking to up grade my tractor for next spring. I have been running a 4350 Flexi-coil variable rate cart with 40ft drill. And my old case ih 9330 doesn't have the hydraulic capacity to run all 3 meters. So my question is. Do I need a 4wd with high flow or is any newer tractor going to have enough hydraulic flow?
Thanks looking forward to your input/experience.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Our tractor has 57 GPM and runs a sectional control tank on a Flexicoil 5000 unit. It works well but if the implement was an independent opener unit I do t know if it would have enough hydraulics, maybe, maybe not.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
We run it with less than 44 gpm (if I read tractordata correctly) and it has plenty of capacity for the 4350 cart and hoe drill without independent openers. Most recent tractors can do that without a high-flow pump option I'd think.

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Dad had a CAT 75 running 4350 and 50ft 9" spacing 5000HD. I believe it was 30gpm pump. It ran it and pulled it. I would say everything was minimum I would do it at. It worked just fine. He would run all 3 tanks.

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
I had to look up the 9330 pump flow was 28gpm on tractordata. The 75 shows 26gpm on tractor data.

One thing that always helps is to put the auger in float while running the fan. Those 1/2" pioneer couplers are not made for the flow the cart uses. Gives it another route to return, reduces back pressure. The couplers are also known to fail. Yearly in many cases. I always keep a few on hand. The male end fails. Stops return flow, usually.

Try to install new male couplers, put the auger valve in float position. You might be happy with your tractor.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Yeah I'm kind of surprised the 9330 isn't up to the task. Tractordata says it was 30 gpm. But steering takes some of that.

How do you put the auger in float? Mine has three positions. Fan, auger, and meter calibration.

Also plumbing in a free return for the fan circuit return line helps a lot too. If I had to add one I'd put a filter in there as well. Also don't forget to clean or change the in-line filter on the meter return circuit. Although usually if it plugs up it just crushes and bypasses it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts