The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an 8010 that we outfitted with round bar concaves last fall for corn. I was wondering if they work in soybeans or if I should put in the large wire concaves. Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
As easy as it is to change concaves in a 8010 your probably better off just changing them, otherwise throw some cover plates on the front 2 concaves and give it a try.

·
Registered
93 Posts
you will be happier if you take them out and that you will have a cleaner sample ther will be more mog going accross the seives

·
Registered
211 Posts
There are a lot of people around here running round bars in beans. Any 70 or 8010 in these parts run round bars in beans with no problems what so ever. The concaves in the 8010 are not that hard to change so I would try them if I were you. That's the only way you're gonna know if they work for you. Different regions with different crops and climates take different combine settings.

·
Registered
87 Posts
We always change them out when going from corn to beans. You get a much cleaner sample. As mentioned already the concaves are very easy to change in the 10 and 20 series. 15-20 min by yourself under 10 min with a couple people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts