The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Good example of the Green marketing machine at work - what a load of wank.

Jono

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jono tell us what your total $ were, know that you played this game. Tell us Jono.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Very funny Tom - I did have a chuckle. Didnt make more than $550 000 but now have enough to trade off fo a better machine of another colour though.....................

However I stand by the comment that it is JD marketing machine in action. Just look at the explanation of the upgrades that you try to play for.

Jono

·
Registered
378 Posts
The "game" uses the JD Logo etc does it not?

John Deere will not allow this use unless sanctioned or permitted by them - simple trademark issue. The link also comes from the "Sponsor News" section. which whenyou click takes you to the attached image page which has JD all over it and links to "Whats new at JD for 2009".

Call me cynical.

You figure the rest out.....

Jono

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL! It's not a "Gleaner." It's just a generically gray J.D.
Funny how this old link is resurfacing here, after 3 or so years ago, now. It is a cute game, somewhat reminiscent of Pac Man. In fact, 25 years ago, this could have been dubbed "Pac Bine. LOL!

This so true Combiness, you can see the JD Haters
Have fun Driving a John Deere

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Tom, you may remember ole Jono from a couple of years back. He started out by digging a big hole. I just knew as everyone else on here did, too, that he was planning on burying a John Deere combine. Yes, it was going to be a grave.

Well, the funny thing is, when we are having our winter, Australia is having summer. Then there's this special time of year we call CHRISTmas, and that is just universal, regardless of season.

Jono decided it would not be in the spirit of peace on Earth to go out and shoot a John Deere header, so he instead, lined the huge hole with fiber glass and turn it into a swimming pool where even hot, tired contractors could park their headers and come in for a swim.

CHRISTmas just does things to most people.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts