The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're a brother/sister filmmaking team from Los Angeles making a documentary about Custom Harvesting. We're looking to tell the stories of South African Farmers who travel to the United States to work in harvesting. We hope to explore how farming has become a global business through telling the stories of the communities and individuals involved.

We really want to show the personal side of the life of a Custom Harvester. The documentary won't just be about farming, but what goes along with having to travel such long distances while being away from home for extended periods of time.

We plan to film in South Africa as well as farming communities in the United States where the harvesting takes place.

All levels of interest or participation are welcome. If this sounds like something you would like to know more about please contact us.

We'd love to hear from you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for sending the link! We were actually aware of that project and excited to see their finished film. From watching their trailer it seems we're taking a much different approach though, hopefully a more global angle by following the story of an international harvester who travels to the States for work.

We think that Custom Harvesting is a very interesting and important line of work that deserves as much attention as possible - we're glad that the Great American Wheat Harvest documentary is coming out and can't wait to see how they tell the story of this unique and often overlooked line of work.

Thanks again for your tip!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i am french and i am looking for documentary (book or videos) about custom harvesting especially in north America or australia. CAN you help me?
Thank you in advance
Ghis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts