The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize thst a 6088 has the 8.3L and the 7088 has a 8.9L. Are there any other differences (besides numbering) between a 6088 & 7088?

I am under the assumption that I could chip a 6088 and basically have a 7088 at lower cost. I know the price difference between a 7088 and 6088 is greater than the cost difference of the engine, but I am attributing that to CaseIH marketing to help improve their profit margin.

Please correct me if i am wrong and I look forward to your responses....

·
Registered
16 Posts
6088 is the CDC Cummins (8.3L) 305hp with a 25hp rise. 7088 is a CDC Cummins (9.0) 325hp with a 25hp rise and also a 25hp unloading boost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Striker782 correct me if I am wrong but, I think the 5088 has a 2.25 inch rotor belt and the 60 and 7088 have the 3 inch belt so I think the break is in between the 50 and 60-70, I hate to disagree with a fellow husker

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
So there is only 20 Hp difference between the 2? This dosen't seem like enough of a gap to warrant having 2 near identical models only 20 Hp appart

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Given that I’m not trying to start a colour war I’ll overlook your obvious problems with grammar, spelling and punctuation. I just can't see the point in such a small Hp gap, how much difference in price between the two?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Getting back to my original question...

Assuming Sliver & I are correct and the only difference between the two is the engine, then would 6088+chip = an unchipped 7088? Even at the 15% level on a chip the 6088 should produce more horsepower than a stock 7088 (even after rise and boost) and still have all the other components of a 7088 without the added cost.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a new 6088 coming. We had a 2366 with the pump "turned up". I know very little about performance chips. How much more horsepower can you gain with one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are different chips out there some you have a choice anywhere between 10% and 30%
some are fixed. One thing to check is your cooling are the two machines the same, more power means more heat make sure you can get rid of it. I have a chipwith 2 settings on a 7710 John Deere tractor had it on a dyno this spring maxed out at 225hp I don't use that setting because of the heat created it blows out exhaust manifold gaskets

·
Registered
998 Posts
Given that I’m not trying to start a colour war I’ll overlook your obvious problems with grammar, spelling and punctuation. I just can't see the point in such a small Hp gap, how much difference in price between the two?

·
Registered
998 Posts
So there is only 20 Hp difference between the 2? This dosen't seem like enough of a gap to warrant having 2 near identical models only 20 Hp appart

I work it out to be 45hp difference with unload boost

Apart from the engine size and hp difference I believe the specification is exactly the same as the 6088. List price difference is approx. $25K
The 7088 is a new "class" size header in the 88 series that has not previously been offered.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts