The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres going to be more and more soybeans around Montana and Alberta, It just seems like everything going to ADM Minnesota and shipped right back out here and sold as feed, Any Ideas, do you think a soybean processor would work in this area, Is there one around I dont know about? I know theres a canola mill up north but Im not familiar with a soybean processor? Any incite or opinion will be valuable, Im also seeing corn acres increase in the triangle, Its over doubled in the last year but were still talking very low acres,

·
Super Moderator
3,071 Posts
Is the process greatly different from canola?
I can see you wouldn't what to do them together and the oil/meal ratios are greatly different, but there must be some similarities.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
I don't know if they take out oil there or if they are just roasted for feed. I can't find anything on the net regarding it. Whenever a combine forum link to the thread we are talking about it in comes up in the 1st page of results I know I am usually out of luck!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Delmar has a small plant at Jordan siding in south central Manitoba that crushes beans. It was built around an old Manitoba Pool Elevator site (the original elevator is still being used for deliveries). I believe the high pressure is used to create the heat that roasts the meal, so no additional heat is added. I thought the downsizing of the hog industry would be a problem for them but they seem to be very busy anyway. Here's also a discussion on the likelihood of a larger mill on the prairies.
Prairie soybean plant unlikely - The Western Producer
Delmar Commodities LTD - Location: Jordan Mills

Also check this out

http://www.iadg.com/hall-of-fame/west-central-soy.aspx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts