The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one machine that does not have auto crop flow installed on it. It is a 2018 760, and for some reason my dealer ordered it without the cruise pilot feeder house sensor roller. Auto crop flow is a standard feature on a 2018 machine, but it was not installed from the factory. My other machine is a 2017 and it is cruisepilot ready and it’s auto crop flow is functioning correctly. The mechanic was out today and he said I need to install the feeder house sensor roller, but from what I tell the auto crop flow works off of sensing the slippage on the drives. Cruise pilot is not really needed in the seed crops that we raise. So I don’t have it unlocked. However crop flow worked good on the machine that had it. It would kill the feeder before plugging up the impeller. The machine with out it I plugged one time so I think it is worth getting it working.

Scott

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Learn/Make sure your speeds are showing normal... lm not sure if a faulty sensor on say the impeller would kick it out or not.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I even went back to the price book, it’s independent from cruise pilot and you do not need the roller or any associated hardware from what I can find. When you say it’s not working, do you have any settings for it in cebis?
OK that's what I thought too. I have not heard back from my salesman on it but my mechanic from the dealer told me I needed to install all the cruise pilot parts in order for Cropflow to work right. To me that sounds wrong since its a standard option and cruise pilot ready is a add-on. thanks for posting that link, I thought they were completely separate systems as well. Cropflow is not loaded into the CEBIS, the option to turn it on is not there. I had a CAAS rep out this summer and he said it was missing in the CEBIS also. Like a said before I have two machines and one has a standard feeder house that is cruise pilot ready and it's Cropflow is working working well, and one that I ordered with a HP feeder house to run a corn head, and for some reason it came with out the cruise pilot stuff. The HP feeder house is a special order for our area, most everyone runs pickup heads and small grain platforms with the standard feeder house, so I think me dealer forgot to check the cruise pilot ready box or something i guess. I want it working, I saw first hand that the Cropflow works well. We ran in some tough windrows last year and it would stop the feeder if the machine hit a tough spot to keep it from plugging. The one without plugged up and smoked the pulley, Cropflow would have prevented it I am sure.

·
Super Moderator
3,068 Posts
780’s had auto stop standard since ‘15, I think it was in more models in ‘18.
Your experience seems to indicate that.

I’m not sure why Claas goes the option route on these features, competitive pricing I suppose.
Functionally, they should be standard.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I even went back to the price book, it’s independent from cruise pilot and you do not need the roller or any associated hardware from what I can find. When you say it’s not working, do you have any settings for it in cebis?
OK that's what I thought too. I have not heard back from my salesman on it but my mechanic from the dealer told me I needed to install all the cruise pilot parts in order for Cropflow to work right. To me that sounds wrong since its a standard option and cruise pilot ready is a add-on. thanks for posting that link, I thought they were completely separate systems as well. Cropflow is not loaded into the CEBIS, the option to turn it on is not there. I had a CAAS rep out this summer and he said it was missing in the CEBIS also. Like a said before I have two machines and one has a standard feeder house that is cruise pilot ready and it's Cropflow is working working well, and one that I ordered with a HP feeder house to run a corn head, and for some reason it came with out the cruise pilot stuff. The HP feeder house is a special order for our area, most everyone runs pickup heads and small grain platforms with the standard feeder house, so I think me dealer forgot to check the cruise pilot ready box or something i guess. I want it working, I saw first hand that the Cropflow works well. We ran in some tough windrows last year and it would stop the feeder if the machine hit a tough spot to keep it from plugging. The one without plugged up and smoked the pulley, Cropflow would have prevented it I am sure.
Judging by that you need a tech with the CDS laptop not a salesman. Should be as easy as checking A box

1 - 10 of 10 Posts