The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I found myself thinking off into the future about what machine to go with in the future the 9770sts or the 9870sts. I am currently running the 9660sts and I am in need of a larger machine. I priced both new machines and there is a drastic price difference between the 98 and 97. I was just wondering what you 98 owners thought of your machine.
Thanks

Safe Harvesting

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Even though you may be a green man you owe it to yourself to use a 8010/8120 before you lay money out to deere. Even if you absolutely hate CIH, do it anyway. At the very least it will give you a better bargaining position with deere.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Well our farm tried a 9760 vs our 9860s and in our high straw low yield crops we were disappointed how much underpowered the 97 felt. We need big power to get the straw through and separating isn't always the limiting factor, the 97 was doing the same job but 2mph slower. In our experience a 9860 is a significant improvement and can also hang with an 8010 very easily. We are going to be running our 9870s in a month so I could say more then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts