The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don is this the concave you are using? I have this Sunnybrook concave in a new to me 760tt, it also has the Sunnybrook enclosed cylinder and impeller. Are you running the concave just as shown in small grains? Does it do a decent job in harder to thresh crops like wheat? I have all the small grains box inserts installed but I am debating setting it up with the back row using the multicrop inserts. Thanks for any info.
attachment.php.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
Don is this the concave you are using? I have this Sunnybrook concave in a new to me 760tt, it also has the Sunnybrook enclosed cylinder and impeller. Are you running the concave just as shown in small grains? Does it do a decent job in harder to thresh crops like wheat? I have all the small grains box inserts installed but I am debating setting it up with the back row using the multicrop inserts. Thanks for any info. View attachment 161707 View attachment 161707
Yes, ran all three in an ‘18 780.
Worked well in all conditions encountered and run it exactly as setup in the pic.

I think those are SWMans shoes though.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I like SB but don't see the appeal to their concave! Way too hard to change segments IMO. If you want flexibility, why not HHS?

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
I like SB but don't see the appeal to their concave! Way too hard to change segments IMO. If you want flexibility, why not HHS?
On the new sea greens with the exception of the APS concave cover all crop setting changes are from the cab.
Concave clearance, cylinder speed, intensive threshing bar, concave main concave cover flap, rotor speed, rotor grate covers.
All hydraulic from cab. Or CEMOS automatically.
APS covers closed for wheat, barley, flax and canola. Open for peas. So a 30 second adjustment. Once a season.

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
If you have the concave out I would weld in a large Knife v inside the small lexion v to cut and split all the material leaving the cylinder. We have done this to both of our machines and it has worked well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts