The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the door lock and ignition switch keyed the same on the CR's like every other company seems to do? We bought a used CR960 a few years ago and can't get our key to go in the door lock. I'm not sure if someone broke the old key off in the lock or if I need to go about getting a new key and lock cylinder.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After looking at the door lock a little closer today it looks like it's keyed different than the ignition switch. Our John Deere key will fit in it which is shaped totally different than our key for the CR.

This is what the two keys look like. I guess I'll have to order a new lock for the door to match the ignition key.

Thanks for the laugh Don. Makes you wonder about people in the world these days.

·
Registered
130 Posts
There were many machines that had a different ignition and door keys. In the parts catalogue on the LH cab door there is a set of keys 84989693 that should fit your door, they look a bit like that JD key more than the ignition key. If you really want them the same an 87280263 should get you a new handle that accepts the ignition key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.