The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
If you are within 150 air miles of yor base and do not cross a state and are hauling excemt ag products .you should not need a dot number. I recently had to get a number. So far the worst part is when they give you a number you will be getting several company's mailing you calling you to have them set you all up for drug testing , and all kinds of bs some stuff you have to have some not. The outfit I sighned up with cost me almost twice as much as if I went with someone else. I called up the dot at the state level and they sent me a book called ..getting started.. Pretty good I was shocked when I would call the state dot and ask a ? Then ask the fed dot get two opposites answers.... Not sure who to believe ..state person told me to go with the answers of the fed dot .... I a am su post to get my onsight safety audit in spring some time...su post to take a min of four hours ....what I do not like there are times that I do not run a semi for over 4 months still have to keep daily time cards on everyone even if they only drive a couple days a year.... Suppose yo have last 7 days with in the truck.... My main employee is salary ...but now will have to keep daily time cards what A p.i.a. Glad I did get it though allready got pulled over by Wyoming the other day from a hy way patrol they have some kind of special hy way patrol task force ..they even had jump scales... If you need it I would definitly get it... If you have any assets even if it is not your fault you could get your ass sued big time if you do not have all your stuff up to snuff. And some of the new fines that they are able to hand out are crazy expensive . I am talking 5 figures....the days of playing dumb I think are over......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.