The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else hear that the dot is going to be out in force June 2-5? I heard no trucks will pass without at least one violation, many truckers I've talked to are going to park for those 3 days.

·
Registered
514 Posts
They were out here this week. 3 tons in the middle of nowhere getting overweight tickets, ticket for 1 axle group on a super B being only a little overweight. At least that's what I heard

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
It's called fundraising. They need money so they are going to get it from you one way or another. But keep in mind it is all in the name of safety.

I have very little respect for law enforcement after the **** a pencil necked piss head deputy pulled on me last month.

·
Registered
411 Posts
They have been having a bi-annual department of terrorism 72 hour check for years. It is nothing new, find a dirt road and go around them. If you arent running junk trucks why worry about them ? They can't eat you . btw they will have another round in the fall.

·
Registered
653 Posts
OOOOOrrrrrrr!!!!! Just follow the rules and do what your suppose too. If its bullshit, make them prove it. Then you still get violations, sue them.

I don't want my family running up and down the same highways if a truckers not following the rules. They are there for everyones safety.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
OOOOOrrrrrrr!!!!! Just follow the rules and do what your suppose too. If its bullshit, make them prove it. Then you still get violations, sue them.

I don't want my family running up and down the same highways if a truckers not following the rules. They are there for everyones safety.
Obviously a man who hasn't met a DOT officer that got up on the wrong side of bed.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

My parents run a number of trucks that they keep up, but you wouldn't believe some of the crap that dot dicks will pull. Some will fine $10/click for every click off your auto slacks are. Another one put our truck out of service because there was a small dent on an airline! Got the ticket overturned but it cost several hours because it happened over lunch hour and they couldn't get anyone around to fix it. I understand that people need to keep their trucks maintained but a lot of dots are just raging a-holes!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm not a big fan of these clowns either. They have all failed out of the RCMP ( which is becoming really hard to so ) and have a big chip on there shoulder. Best advise I ever got was from a friend who was a RCMP he told me to go to court and if nothing else ask judge to reduce the ticket. His exact words were, judges are people too they hate dot officers just as much as the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
One college instructor in the diesel mech. program had a joke about them...

What's the difference between a porcupine and a DOT vehicle? The pricks are on the inside.

He first heard that one from someone who of all things was a DOT officer.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Obviously a man who hasn't met a DOT officer that got up on the wrong side of bed.
I have been through multiple check points, and never a single violation.(knock on wood)

A lot of trucks here in my area need shut down. The trucks look horrible when you see them. Bumpers hanging off, loads not strapped correct, busted windshields. Not to mention what you would find if you did the correct walk around and inspection. A lot of these guys have (buddies) that do their annual inspections. These are the trucks that I don't want to see on the roads.

DOT may be a lot different from state to state and area to area. Around here they need to do there job better. We got a lot of Germans shipping stuff to mexico that are hanging off the sides and no oversize loads signage.

·
Registered
83 Posts
They do campaigns around here all the time. As long as your truck is in good working order its a 5min ordeal. If you dont have the right paperwork or your truck isnt up to snuff good luck. I routinely get the tank in my pickup dipped even. No bigge just keep up on things and dont cut corneres. Im happy they keep the riff raff honest.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I was pulled over this spring as road bans were on. They seen that I was empty and sent me on my way. My truck has a ton of new parts and looks pretty good. I keep my trucks/trailers up but I'm sure they could find something. I wouldn't mind them finding something as long as they don't fine the crap out of me.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Agree there is a lot of junk that shouldn't be on road, I will probably be flamed for this, I don't care if you are a farmer, your truck should be DOT certified, Scott.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Trucks and all vehicles should be kept up for safety. Traffic laws should be followed. Law enforcement tends to overstep a line and "stretch" the truth to make their case look better. Very few I actually trust and have respect for anymore.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
It boils down to the attitude of the officers in question. If they are truly public servants and are there to help the truckers maintain a safe truck, polite and helpful will be their attitude. I have run into these types which seem to be few and far between anymore and I greatly appreciate them looking over the trucks as another set of eyes is always a good thing. "Hey you need to get that fixed, you might want to have that looked at...............ect....."

The ones that seem to be more plentiful these days are the ones that are jackasses with a badge. They bark orders and think they're the little god's of the road. "Public servant" isn't in their vocabulary it's more like "Look at me I'm in AUTHORITY!" These people need to be fired from their jobs as they are not fit to be anything more than rock pickers.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts