The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting for my DOW rebate from the 2013 crop year. That's right, from TWO years ago. My retailer has been talking with their rep. for months and they have told my retailer that the cheque was going to be sent well over a month ago (possibly two....it's been so long I have lost track of time already). I phoned the rep again about 2 weeks ago and asked what has been happening regarding this matter, and she told me that the cheque will be sent the next day and told me an amount that was about 1/3 of what the cheque should have been. I told her that this amount was low and that it was wrong, and the response I got was that that is the amount that it works out to when she plugs the numbers in. So that evening I sat down and reviewed their programs and in a matter of about an hour I had figured out what I should be receiving...which was in fact a few thousand dollars more than the number she had told me. Not only are they delinquent on THEIR payment on THEIR program, but THEIR rep. doesn't even know how to figure it out. How many other guys has she (or possibly all of their reps for that matter) screwed out of thousands of dollars? Upon finding this out I went over dad's cheque and found that DOW had short changed him as well more than $500.

I have been waiting patiently for the last year for this problem to be rectified, but have grown tired of waiting and being lied to that the cheque is in the mail. I hope by writing this that guys check over their DOW rebates. I am hoping that I am the only one, but have a feeling that I won't be. I will be CURTAILing my DOW product usage in the coming years due to this.

·
Registered
676 Posts
What I hate about the rebate cheques from the chemical companies is that the send them in envelopes that look like junk mail.
Ha ha. I think I tossed my Bayer rebate check one time. They called me the next year in June and asked why I hadn't cashed it yet. I said you never mailed it. But when the replacement one came, I thought that it looked like junk mail.

I guess I didn't buy enough from them because the big spenders get there's hand delivered around here by the chemical reps.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Dow is usually the first rebate i receive in the mail. Sometimes before the hand delivered ones from other reps. They do look like junk mail but I've learnt to open every piece of mail that i get, and its recently rewarded me with a rebate check from Michelin :) which i also thought was junk mail.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Ha ha. I think I tossed my Bayer rebate check one time. They called me the next year in June and asked why I hadn't cashed it yet. I said you never mailed it. But when the replacement one came, I thought that it looked like junk mail.

I guess I didn't buy enough from them because the big spenders get there's hand delivered around here by the chemical reps.
I almost did the same thinking it was junk mail! I was sure glad it didn't end up in the garbage! For 2014, I received the Bayer rebate in the beginning of December. It took me 2 weeks to open the package as I thought it was just another advertisement/promo!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I hate programs! Just give me the cheaper price today.
I hate them too. But I did learn that cost isn't everything and there are some big difference between generic and regular seed treatments. Price and quality sometimes go hand in hand and you get what you paid for!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.