The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This blog will start now and end sometime in May.

Since the first of the year we've been hauling grain, this should wrap up in the first week of April.

We've also been taking out fences and fence rows when the weather has allowed.

The 2388 was in the shop to have a new hydro pump belt installed, although the combine has been sold the new one wont be built until August so this one will be used to cut wheat in July.

We've had to strip all the weights, moniters and brackets and GPS equipment off both FWD tractors since they've been traded in, there replacements will arrive in a few weeks.

Some random pics

The first of April we'll start delivering seed corn and beans and hopefully get in the fields as soon as the weather allows.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Things have been drying out nicely until today, as i type this its snowing. Guess i shouldn't be surprised by this, thank goodness for global warming!

Putting the duels back on the 210 before trade in

One of the new 215's

This is our compost building we use for disposing of less then lively pigs

And the 210 and 215 waiting for the dealer to pick them up

As soon as weight restrictions come off on the roads we'll start hauling seed corn and beans.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not much to report other. Rain in the forcast so we've had time to do jobs we've been putting off for oh 3 years. Most of the equipment is ready. We're still waiting on a planter thats sitting in Iowa but i dont think we'll be needing it for awhile. Its still early and we'll start to panic around June 1.

rain coming in

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice weather lately and it looks like it might continue. Potash is spread, wheat top dressed, few hundred acres of NH3, manure and tillage has occurred so far.

Might put sum corn in mid week if weather forecast looks good. New bean planter should be here by end of week.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We ran 9 days of NH3 but haven't turned a wheel since monday. Still have about 4 days of NH3 we'd like to get on. New bean planter finally arrived so we've been working on that. We're pretty much running out of things to occupy ourselves with. Rain on and off today already with more in the forecast. Will get some pics up sometime this weekend

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Missed majority of rain last night had both planters running by noon today. After planting in the rain for an hour decided that was enough of that, still drizzling out. If the sun comes out we should be going tomorrow PM. We should beable to knock out 350 acres a day between both planters so we're going to run out of dry dirt before anything else.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well we're about a 1/3 done. We were able to plant as fast as we could get the seed in the planters until it started raining this morning. Rain in the forecast for the next day or two.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well we were able to plant yesterday in less then ideal conditions but seed wont grow in the bag i guess. By the time my brother and I were rained out at about 2am we had a hair over 400 more acres in the ground. Its been raining since and there's water standing the fields we planted. If my #'s are correct we have 45% of the corn in and 65% of the beans in. It'll probably be end of the week before we do anything else. I have a bunch of pics i'll get put up soon

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well we didnt do any field work last week and started working ground yesterday to plant today but had more then a half inch of rain last night so nothing will be done till mid week. Few planters running locally yesterday but very few fields planted and water standing now.

This will be the last update in this blog.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well as i sit here in Kiowa KS i'm reporting that corn planting finally finished up last tuesday with beans being finished the next day. Very very wet like everywhere else. Wheat harvest is probably 17-20 days off. Oh and i like the michigan division might need another division next year

1 - 13 of 13 Posts