The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you guys use a drago corn head? looked at one today at husker harvest and was impressed by it. new 2162 flex draper looks great as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Drago head is an excellent head however in my opinion it has too many service points. And as far as Husker Harvest Days I have never had so much fun playing in the mud. The North end of the field had standing water in spots and we were leaving trenches deep enough that the 7010 was dragging bottom. I wish I would have had the camera along. If you have any pictures please post them as I would be curious to see what they look like.

·
Registered
195 Posts
One of our neighbor's traded off their 2206 for a 6 row Drago chopping head this summer and I will post an update on it later in the season. They were never very impressed with their 2206, it wasn't as reliable as a 1000 series head and the lack of aftermarket parts made it pretty expensive to work on. They are running around 1,800 acres of corn through a 6 row head every year so they are pushing the head pretty hard and they like that the Drago is built alot heavier than what Case offers. Drago also claims that their head will put more corn in the combine but I'll have to see it to believe it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I haven't heard a 4 bpa advantage but I've heard half that which would still be five to six times the amount that corn is actually planted at and I think it would be quite noticable. I like their idea of running a longer snapping roll at slower speeds to be more gentle on the ears but then they run a spring loaded stripper plate that rubs against the stalks and I can't help but think that that is going to reverse any advantage they made with the slower snapping rolls.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
well were useing 2 1083 corn heads that are 1984 and i think one is an 83

I don't really see to many ears laying behind the combine
so im not sure just how spending a crap load of money on a chopping head will pay off lol

Something else....Whats the big deal with a chopping head?

I guess im asking why is this a great thing if you already have a case corn head with the knife rolls

maybe farther north you guys have different variety's of corn and its thicker??

Also we don't usually see anything above 160 bu on corn unless wer lucky

Just curious....

=

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 kernal per square foot is one BPA if you log on to dragotec.com they have a lot of ideas on their If all goes right I'm goignt o demo a drago on my 8010 as soon as the weather allows. from what I see it's just a lot better cornhead than a 2412. I like a 1000 series better than the 2400 for stalk chopping but the 2400 holds up a lot better.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Posted this in the wrong forum. I found this in my searches. Looks good i think. Only one support per reel section? Interesting.

Dusty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts