The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am in the process of ordering a 12 row 30 corn head from drago. I am in Australia and the are no dealers close by. I am wondering what parts to carry on hand to help out through season. I have the opportunity to get these parts in the container with corn head to save on freight. I have no experience with these heads and therefore have no parts at all at the moment.
TIA Jimmy

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have been running one for 3 years and all i have done is greased it and put it in the field..not sure on parts though but u can always get a lemon tht might give a little problems!! I have ran 6,000+ acres threw mine and its still in great shape..Hope this helps

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jegfarms
That is very reassuring to hear. I really hope that mine isn't a lemon. I was just concerned about availability of parts to me. There isn't a lot of corn grown around here and the only fronts that I know of in this district are john deere and a Capello which I drove for my neighbour a couple of years back. Just like to be prepared for the worst.

·
Registered
131 Posts
drago repair kit

My nearest dealer is approx. 3 hrs away....he suggested I purchase a parts supply kit he offers that included 3(2 ends and 1 center) snouts with accompanying hardware, 2 drag chains and a few bearings, springs and sprockets.....we've used 2 of the replacement snouts in the last week.:cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ran a series I two years ago and a series II last year and again so far this year. Drago Snoots are all plastic, seems like no bending. They are pretty tough but when the go they are done. We've broken a latch plate that holds a snoot down, and some minor stuff that you could run with out. That series I ate the sprockets up pretty bad on the auger drive. Our II seems much better. I've heard the bottom bearing on the auger drive is a son of a gun. (at least on the series I's) The parts could be there by boat by the time you get it apart. Tough headers though, we grease ours by the book (or more) and hope to keep this one for quite a while. Use thin 0 grade grease in the deck plate pistons, I've heard thick grease will make them stick. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.