The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a cr9090 and am not sure whether to put a 40ft new holland 840cd or a macdon D65 draper on it, just looking for advice from anyone who has run either or both to find out the pro's/cons of each draper, the macdon is also about 30 grand dearer than the new holland, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
the macdon is also about 30 grand dearer than the new holland
That's odd, it's basically opposite here.:confused: I am comparing the flex versions of each of those. Ended up going MacDon for that reason and also parts availability if needed. Had it been the other way around I would have probably made a different decision.;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't price the new holland flex but was told by the dealer a D65 would be an extra 30k and an fd75 would be an extra 46k over the new holland rigid draper, that's why im wondering if there's any problems with the new holland because if they work fine then there's no point spending the extra money. I suspect they could be doing discounts on them here in Australia to get a few out into paddocks and get a reputation going.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I didn't price the new holland flex but was told by the dealer a D65 would be an extra 30k and an fd75 would be an extra 46k over the new holland rigid draper, that's why im wondering if there's any problems with the new holland because if they work fine then there's no point spending the extra money. I suspect they could be doing discounts on them here in Australia to get a few out into paddocks and get a reputation going.
Like the look of the new 4000 series honeybees on the net, don't think new Holland have them here in Australia yet. I have always run macdons they are a great front with excellent float and contour following. Would not be reluctant to try honeybee but also would rather use the same badged heads on all machines simply for parts and maintenance. Also looking at trying a cr9080 / 9090 looking at low houred second hand one next week.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The honey bee 4000 looks alright but after seeing and trying one of their flex drapers a few years ago I swore I would never use one again, plus I know people with honey bee drapers who won't buy another

·
Registered
40 Posts
The honey bee 4000 looks alright but after seeing and trying one of their flex drapers a few years ago I swore I would never use one again, plus I know people with honey bee drapers who won't buy another
yeh ok I always thought New Holland used honeybee as oem supplied drapers the same as caseih use macdon or did now very sadly attempting their own draper. So what is the new Holland draper a Heston ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Not sure who is building them, dealer says new holland is making them but its the same as the case 3152 draper, they almost seem like a mix of different manufacturers designs rolled into one, yes honeybee was the manufacturer of new holland drapers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not sure who is building them, dealer says new holland is making them but its the same as the case 3152 draper, they almost seem like a mix of different manufacturers designs rolled into one
Ok makes sense looked at the Case equvilent at dealership when they first got one in September im sure they work ok but just don't understand why they have turfed macdon to then go and make their own. To look at all the float is hydraulic and im pretty sure it wont ride up and down like a macdon and only tilt side to side, same as Midwest do. Might be wrong on that but certainly I would by macdon every time springs work hydraulics actuators relief valves for the same effect is nothing but a headache in my view. When I do soy beans cutting them about an inch to one and a half inches off the ground that is testament to the good float on the macdon.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Seems to me honey bee has lost a lot of market share over the last few years and now honeybee' resale has gone in the toilet. For what it is worth I like my 42 ft rigid honeybee except for the uII pickup real

I can't comment on the new holland headers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi from Sth Aus. Am the proud owner of a 2014 CR9090 with a FD75. Don't waste your money on any other front if you are going to cut close to the ground. We do lots of lentils and beans and my neighbour has had ****loads of problems with his new NH front on his CR9090.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi from Sth Aus. Am the proud owner of a 2014 CR9090 with a FD75. Don't waste your money on any other front if you are going to cut close to the ground. We do lots of lentils and beans and my neighbour has had ****loads of problems with his new NH front on his CR9090.
What problems has your neighbour had, I spoke to someone who owns one on a cr7090 and they seemed to be pretty happy with it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.