The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at putting a 21' or 25' draper, 972 MacDon or 1052 CIH on a 60 size machine. Has this been done, and what has to be done to make it feed since the throat is narrowerer? Is the head adapter different to feed a small throat? Or won't it work? Oh and I'm assuming that a 972 and 1052 are the same but not sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
FWIW, here's a picture of a 30' MacDon on a 1660. You'll just have to make some adjustments on the MacDon header adapter to make it work on the narrower throat of a 60 if the adapter has never been on a 60 series machine before. The 972 MacDon and 1052 CaseIH should be about the same header.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the info. The 30' on the 1660 is impressive. Some people underestimate the little rotors, the are threshing sons of guns. I've run 88s and 60s both of course the 88s will eat a 60 but for smaller acres they are just the ticket. Without a big head and a good crop that big rotor is sometimes hard to keep full. Yes I know drapers are the cadillac I ran a 30' 1042 for a summer working on the run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.