The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
many of you guys using the full finger type auger type headers? was wondering if they were comparable to drapers in peas do extra fingers pull in any more rocks etc? so many options decisions etc! thks ray have 06 8010 axial

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love our 974 flexdraper in wheat, edible beans, and soybeans, but have struggled in peas. We don't have a pea auger on it, which I realize would likely solve most of the issues, but we don't have many acres of peas and have decided to live with it. If I were you I would talk to someone who runs one with a pea auger and find out if it does work. My ground speed is usually limited to under 2.5 mph before it bunches up and won't feed.

I rigged up a "poor man's pea auger" on it this summer, which helped keep the crop down on the drapers and moving towards the center rather than going around the reel. I run the draper speed on "7", the reel tine pitch second from the front, and have to be quick on the reel height and fore/aft to keep things flowing.

It is just two pieces of 4" PVC to help keep the crop down on the drapers.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
That would be me.
Yes, it's the answer in peas.
560 man, if a pea auger was, say, 3500$'s, you'd still have 3480$'s after your design is in place.
Very creative.

Don

·
Registered
131 Posts
A auger header, especially a full fingered one, is definately better in peas then a draper. THe pea auger does help on a draper, but it still isn't as good as an auger header. The draper header will perform better on pretty much every other crop though. And if you have bearded wheat, the auger header will leave you frustrated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts