The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought new 35' 2020 which my 30'er had worked well but I'm wondering about getting a 40' 2162 instead. afraid drapers will take over and I'll have 35' boat anchor. will be cutting on no tilled beans, on heavy ground. I'm concerned how it float over wet soils bad conditions

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Well i wouldn't have bought a 2020 head.....Just haven't heard anyone been very happy with it?? How have you gotten along with it.

We did have some wet times last fall and our draper did good with it..

Its something we did consider when we bought it.

Im sure it will do fine.. Im guessing you asked macdon?

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bellyached about the 2020,as well but it will out cut a 1020 if you set it right takes a couple years to learn the ends and outs. still haven't mmade up my mind

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think there will always be a market for a 35' 2020 (the thing I never liked about the 2020 is the way the field tracker works with it).....as long as they fit on a 7010 and a 8010. I walked around a new 40' 2162, they are a beast, the feeder belt looks to be over 6'wide. MacDon has made some changes to the new drapers.....they are supposed to be easier to set up, keep in adjustment, and feed better. The drapers do take a little bit of getting used to and a good mechanic to set them up right. I'm not sure how they'd run in wet ground. With a 40' head you'd need the long unload tube. If you want the biggest, go for the 2162.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Something ive noticed at the end of last year...2nd season for this draper (both actually)

the end pieces... the poly pads that runs on the ground have worn off on the outside edge's already.

Isn't that kinda fast??? im going to put new on soon...but just curious if i need to make a smile adjustment or what's the deal

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just ran a 35' 2020 for a couple of days to cut some weedy peas, (because we were having trouble feeding with our 36' 2062.) And I really liked it, we put it in the float position and set it flat on the ground and it did an amazing job. Not usually much of an auger fan, but case got this one right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I run a 1020 and it does an average job in soybeans and wheat. i am wanting to know if a draper head is flexable enough to handle a few hills and waterways as i know they are a rigid head

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a 2162 40' in indiana getting a trailer for it now I hope iot works from every one I've talked to drapers are the very best esp this new FD70 or 2162

1 - 8 of 8 Posts