The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all we are in 50 bushel wheat has been dessicated we are straight cutting it with a 2588 and the sample is good but could be better too many white caps. Settings are rotor at 1050 RPMm fan at 1000 RPM, bottom sieve at about 5/16" top sieve at 1/2" they are the adjustable peterson (air foil) seieve, have the concave right up at .5 have tried concave open to 1.5 sample was much worse. One more thing there is a lot of straw but ground speed is at 4 mph and this is hard red spring wheat that we are in. Very hard threshing. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
We had the same problem this year and never could get it worked out. Our settings were similar to yours (even have the same sieve). We fooled around with it and eventually got it "good enough" and decided to run with it. The only thing I can think of is rigging up a cover plate for the first concave. That's how we did things with the old machines.

Sorry I can't be much help, but I wish you the best.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I weld interupter bars on the first concave in between every bar and on the third concave where the tailings fall in. This will give you the cleanest wheat sample you can ever imagine with no loss in capacity like filler plates cause. I also run a harvest services rotor but i have used this config with standard/speacialty and afx rotors with great success.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts