The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I have a Challenger 670 and tried dropping some barley straw with it. It spread the swath about 7' wide. Has the factory chaff spreader and straw chopper.

I was thinking about using some UHMW sheets to build a chute below the rotor discharge to keep the straw off the chaff spreader and make a 5' wide swath. I'm not sure if it will hang up on the chopper or do I need to remove the chaff spreader to make this work?

The manual is less than helpful. Just says to slide chopper back. Just curious how others setup these units for dropping straw?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Do the chaff spreaders tip down out of the way? Our Cr was like that. Then it worked ok but would catch on spreaders every so often

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the chaff spreaders tip down out of the way? Our Cr was like that. Then it worked ok but would catch on spreaders every so often
Hi meskie.

The spreader pivots down 90* but then they are less than a foot off the ground. It's only 2 pins and a set of hyd hoses so I might just try removing the spreader.

Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
on my 660 I take the chaff spreader off and I have 2 pieces of steel that I bolt on to where the straw discarches. I can leave a windrow about 24 to 30 inches wide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts