The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6620. This year the beans are really dry. They look thick enough to be making 50-60 boa. Not mine hopefully I can get 40. Concave is at 17. Speed of 390. Air at 870. Chaff and seive set at 1/2 inch. Straw walkers show good thrash, no beans there about 2 or 3 splits per handful from the grain tank. 1.9 mph. Am I grinding the beans internally somewhere? Thanks for your advise.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
FYI-- In my area, all the beans this year are doing about 10bpa less than they look...the dry July made them small. Real dry beans also split real easy. AND---if you are going too slow and not getting enough material into the cylinder for padding, it will split more. I'd speed up a little if you can. Otherwise, Sounds pretty normal to me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI-- In my area, all the beans this year are doing about 10bpa less than they look...the dry July made them small. Real dry beans also split real easy. AND---if you are going too slow and not getting enough material into the cylinder for padding, it will split more. I'd speed up a little if you can. Otherwise, Sounds pretty normal to me.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts