The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the fan clutch on a 2008 dt240a there is a elctric sensor/ clutch(not sure what it is) mounted to the front of the clutch. The bearing on mine failed and when it came off the plastic latch for the wire connector was broke off. My dealer tells me the only way I can purchase this piece is to buy the entire clutch ($1300) when I just need a new bearing and the sensor/clutch. The dealer shop foreman told me it was just a speed sensor however now the fan is engaged all the time, not sure if it is a sensor or some sort of electrical clutch.

At any rate does anybody know if this sensor is sold separate of the entire clutch assembly. The dealer found the wiring harness separate but not the sensor.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Run the part number on here and Goggle it, you can probably find something at least half price I bet. Have a good look at it, see if you can find a manufacturers name and part number on it then you can get it from an auto parts store, rad shop or truck shop.

Don't know your tractor at all but this might help.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.