The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me crazy but I Just picked up a very nice ih 915 for my collection and want to modify the machine for duals and rear wheel assist. Anyone know if its been done before? I have seen a 1480 with duals so why not a 915? The final drives are the same I believe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not the average collector. I have a 715 diesel with a turbo charger that will run right with a Deere 6600. I bet this 915 will be able to pee all over a 9500 after I pull the DT 414 eng and drop in the DTI 466 i have with an inline injection pump.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I put a set of duals on a 503 once. I just got a set of same size tires, spacers and j hooks. It worked great and sure made it more stable on side hills. For the ladder I just extended it to fit over the extra width but often thought a ladder off a massey that you climbed from the rear would be better. I also added a extra fuel tank on the opposit side of machine to double capacity. On that old gas gussler it was nice.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I believe the final drive is the same but the axle diameter is smaller. You could probably get a final drive for the 1480 and put on the 915 though to handle the extra torque..

·
Registered
216 Posts
we ran across a nice 915 for cheap but didn't buy it because my dealer said they could not get many of the parts for them anymore. I would love to use a 1620 but since I sell a lot of straw I need a walker bine. I like my 4420 but it just don't have the capacity and its got some age on the old girl. I love the look of he older IH combines.
DM01

1 - 9 of 9 Posts