The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me crazy but I Just picked up a very nice ih 915 for my collection and want to modify the machine for duals and rear wheel assist. Anyone know if its been done before? I have seen a 1480 with duals so why not a 915? The final drives are the same I believe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not the average collector. I have a 715 diesel with a turbo charger that will run right with a Deere 6600. I bet this 915 will be able to pee all over a 9500 after I pull the DT 414 eng and drop in the DTI 466 i have with an inline injection pump.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I put a set of duals on a 503 once. I just got a set of same size tires, spacers and j hooks. It worked great and sure made it more stable on side hills. For the ladder I just extended it to fit over the extra width but often thought a ladder off a massey that you climbed from the rear would be better. I also added a extra fuel tank on the opposit side of machine to double capacity. On that old gas gussler it was nice.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
My thoughts exactly. A J.D. 9500 is approximately the same capacity of an 8820. I've run with 915's, when we had 7700's and we outcut them. The only smaller combine really capable of keeping up with a J.D. 7700 or M-F 750, was a Gleaner L. The Gleaner L types are specially designed for bigger output than their size suggests.

·
Registered
216 Posts
we ran across a nice 915 for cheap but didn't buy it because my dealer said they could not get many of the parts for them anymore. I would love to use a 1620 but since I sell a lot of straw I need a walker bine. I like my 4420 but it just don't have the capacity and its got some age on the old girl. I love the look of he older IH combines.
DM01

1 - 9 of 9 Posts