The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone have any reel (pardon the pun) experience with these? seems like a good fit for lentils and a thin crop of anything! the ones that just snap over existing fingers, i have a macdon fd 70
Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
last year I bought a 3162 case head. I liked it overall, but not in short beans. Put these on and seemed to make quite a difference in clearing the cutter bar.

·
Registered
287 Posts
@#£&loads of them used in aus last year, work well but it pays to whack a zip tie on them as well to stop them flicking off

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@#£&loads of them used in aus last year, work well but it pays to whack a zip tie on them as well to stop them flicking off
Ya, it costs about 2 bu of wheat for one finger around or 10 bucks in canada GOL! if your wondering what the G is, its grumble !!!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Seems like lots of interest in these this year with short thin crops. Design is upgraded so they clip on, no more zip tie. Ideal for center of MD headers where the gap is larger. Remove metal tine and install Duck Foot.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
All the cool youtube farm kids are putting them on this year and giving May West lots of advertising. I predict they will be making some good profit this year. Probably cranking up production.

·
Registered
637 Posts
A simple and cheap trick is Duct tape along the tips, 6-7 in a group, go around in a loop and make sure the area between tips are stuck together.
Only need two out of the five/six bars to make it work, sort of like a bat reel to wipe the knive clean.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
A simple and cheap trick is Duct tape along the tips, 6-7 in a group, go around in a loop and make sure the area between tips are stuck together.
Only need two out of the five/six bars to make it work, sort of like a bat reel to wipe the knive clean.
The last time we had a really short crop we used pipeliners tape. Which is basically three times wider than duct tape, and more of a rubber plastic texture. Seems to have more abrasion resistance than duct tape.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
I am actually considering these again, cereals are short, but want to cut high, would hope these would help with that.
I see there are some out now that bolt on like factory finger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts