The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my 2007 harvest pics. notice straight cutting conola in the last picture

**Please separate pictures next time so they are downward, vs. across the page, you can locate the directions in the Annoucements forum under using picture loader. **
-Alex

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Quote:
[

Wish I had this pic when I was trying to explain skipping tracks to arcus! Thank you.
I see your about the middle of the dry part of the day, is that typical fuel consumption per acre?
Our wheat would usually be 14+, your at 10.10 and after a few swift calibrations, that is about 1/2 the fuel we would use on hard red spring wheat. I have never got that sort of productivity out of my 9860 and average less than 1/2 that! Low MOG, dry straw, what a difference! So that's why you guys like STS's?

Don

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trade secrets. lol no really its a lifetime of doing nothing but combining, finding the right combinations that works in a particular condition.

Also I run Lowen Helical Concaves and speed up the discharge beater

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Quote:**Please separate pictures next time so they are downward, vs. across the page, you can locate the directions in the Annoucements forum under using picture loader. **
-Alex

Hear, hear Alex. Editing down to that GS2 display was quite a chore.
Also Alex why on image re-sizing ,sometimes it just happens, sometimes a promo come up.Image shack I think. Photo bucket ok.

Don

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice pictures. Straight cutting canola is not something that I have seen much of before. Most of what I have seen was picked up from windrows.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but there really isn't much straw in that winter wheat. I can understand the low fuel consumption and the acres per hour.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Nice pictures.

Quote:Correct me if I'm wrong but there really isn't much straw in that winter wheat.

Dryland wheat under low moisture conditions won't produce much straw. Irrigated wheat can produce a lot, though, especially if the seeding rate was high and there was a lot of fertilizer applied.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Quote:especially if the seeding rate was high and there was a lot of fertilizer applied.
Bingo! Also variety can make a difference.

Don

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Explain to me how either of the last 2 posts have anything to do with the fact that the very minimal amount of straw contributed to the low fuel consumption and acres per hour.

·
Registered
530 Posts
At that rate its over 160 gallons in a 12 hr run??? Man that seems like alot to me I cant imagine that Don is using twice that in good wheat. Don what is the norm for good wheat that you cut?

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Quote:
Quote:especially if the seeding rate was high and there was a lot of fertilizer applied.
Bingo! Also variety can make a difference.
Don

Quote:Explain to me how either of the last 2 posts have anything to do with the fact that the very minimal amount of straw contributed to the low fuel consumption and acres per hour.
Quote:At that rate its over 160 gallons in a 12 hr run??? Man that seems like alot to me I cant imagine that Don is using twice that in good wheat. Don what is the norm for good wheat that you cut?
Thought I'd roll these 4 together.
Michaelshawn you are correct, in the Dudgeon Harvesting pics straw is minimal and very dry and therefore low fuel consumption both per acre and bushel.
Okpanhandle was answering as per my comment about higher fuel use in our case, mainly more straw due to seed rate/fertilizer. And I'm pretty sure someone from Shoal Lake Manitoba doesn't need a picture drawn of heavy straw!
Davedan, in heavy going with our 9860 would be at use least 1.6 times as much fuel per hour running 30 vs 36 header at about the same speed (daytime). So 1.6X 36/30= 1.92 times as much fuel per acre. In this example the crop would be 20% higher so fuel per bushel would be 1.55 higher. Nights would be higher fuel use and lighter crops less per acre of coarse. A lot of variables!
Am i redy 2 teech at schol :whaat i want 2 teech iss sped redin.

Don

·
Registered
530 Posts
Don at 1.92 times 13.5 gal per hr, you would be burning almost 26 gal per hour, is this right or am I not adding correctly?

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Quote: So 1.6X 36/30= 1.92 times as much fuel per acre. In this example the crop would be 20% higher so fuel per bushel would be 1.55 higher.
Quote:Don at 1.92 times 13.5 gal per hr, you would be burning almost 26 gal per hour, is this right or am I not adding correctly?
No not a math issue, you are using fuel per acre figure but I was using a 30' header and okharvester was using 36'. So 1.92 X 30/36= 1.6
So 13.5 X 1.6= 21.6. Very close to engine power limit.
I guess when I wrote that earlier I was thinking only fuel per acre and bushel not hour. Sorry.
Hope this clears it up. If not you know where to find me.

Don

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Quote:Don

Pretty late......must have 590 on the brain....any news???

Simber

No, not yet. I've got technically to the end of the month, but the ace salesman is taking off after the 21th.
Wonder who's MacDon 40' FD70 showed up at LA (Linden, Alberta) yesterday? Since I ordered mine at 3:45 and it rolled in at 4:30 I kinda doubt it was mine.
Just talked to Andy at Linden Agri Centre. He thinks it's yours, but he's shocked, didn't think Lexion adapters were ready.
Maybe you could go down and have a.. ahem .. pop! Ha ha.

Don

1 - 20 of 20 Posts