The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a new stock trailer, I have never seen a duralite and was wondering if anyone has experience with them.
Duralite Trailers, LLC

The idea of no welds, all rivets seems appealing, but would manure get into seems and cause issues over time? Other issues with this make of trailer?

Any advice on these trailers would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm looking at purchasing a new stock trailer, I have never seen a duralite and was wondering if anyone has experience with them.
Duralite Trailers, LLC

The idea of no welds, all rivets seems appealing, but would manure get into seems and cause issues over time? Other issues with this make of trailer?

Any advice on these trailers would be greatly appreciated.

You ever look at a Wilson?? When I was purchasing it was either a duralite or a Wilson, I chose the Wilson cause of the extensive dealer coverage and warranty if you need it won't be a issue. Either one I think is fine, did a lot of investigating on them b4 I bought and thought it would be a good investment. All I have to say is don't buy a welded one!!!! They get welded when their new, and welder doesn't stop after that.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
What size are you after? If I were to get another trailer I would get one with 2 - 8000 lb axles and 215/75R17.5 tires. The tires would have 17/32nds of tread and be rated for 4700 lbs instead of 3600 lbs and 13 or 10 32nds of tread.

Wilson and Merrit make trailers various widths. It looks like Duralite makes them 6'8". It might not hurt to ask if they'd make a 7 ft wide or 7.5 ft wide model. I think I'd like a 24 or 26 ft stock combo if I were to get a new aluminum trailer. The tack room is nice for when the kids are at 4-H.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Before we bought a second trailer we almost got a duralite. Only things we didn't care for was it had a poor bumper(too small) and no slam latch for dividing gates. The bumper wasn't a big deal but we really like the slam type latches on our featherlite and won't be without now. Ended up with sundowner and really like it so far. Only had it four or five years now but really like it. Our featherlite is 28 years old and have done some welding on it but for its age and thousands of miles bouncing over the prairie it has been great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.