The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im changing openers on 3 76foot drills and im trying to decide which openers to go with dutch 1444 or 200-tip 2011 bourgault which ones are the better ones

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they have to be cause i have never gotten a bolt out where its salvageable and i have only run btt its not that there bad just insanely expensive compared to dutch

·
Registered
253 Posts
We've never salvaged a roll pin. Because why would you. Big pin punch, hammer out, hammer on. 2 minutes and done

·
Registered
258 Posts
they have to be cause i have never gotten a bolt out where its salvageable and i have only run btt its not that there bad just insanely expensive compared to dutch
How are you getting the bolts out? Torch? I know last time I changed tips there was nothing to grab on to and I used the plasma to blast them out. Roll pin sounds pretty slick to me. How many acres did you get out of the tips you’re replacing?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Dutch tips have a bevel on them. Would this make them push more soil to the side and less into the air? Possibly faster seeding speed, but more smearing on the side of the trench in sticky clay from the wedge like action of the carbide?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Dutch was also cheaper when we priced both out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we are going to try to drill the heads off the bolts and see if that works but so far i just broke the tip right off if it was worn out enough and than took the bolts out.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I’d stay away from Dutch - they may make some decent shovels - but there is no support there beyond the sale... and if there is, it’s still your problem ...

·
Registered
505 Posts
I’d stay away from Dutch - they may make some decent shovels - but there is no support there beyond the sale... and if there is, it’s still your problem ...
I’ve had a few tips break this year. Probably a bad batch. A simple text to the rep and he delivered the new ones out to me the next time he was passing through. I can’t complain about them

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
We have dealt with Dutch for close to twenty years already. One of the best companies when it comes to warranty and solving any issues that arise with their products.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Atom-jet openers have worked well for us for many years , they don't plug and being made of steel vs. overseas castings breakage is rare. I would consider them as guys are knowledgeable to deal with but just my experience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts