The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decipher the operators manual on sickle register of the knife. The book says sickle segment must be just past centre of the guard at the end of the stroke.
Is the end of the stroke fully in or fully out?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Problem is If I time it to the inside stroke when I go on the outward stroke there is a 15 mm gap where the 2 knifes meet in the centre ( no sickle, just backing bar). If I time it to the out stroke on the inner stroke there is no knife section in the outer knife guards.
40' 9250

·
Registered
9 Posts
Turn both sides until the sickle is all the way to the outside of the head on each side. Then adjust both sickle heads until the sections are centered with the guard points. Change the letter on one side and you're good too go

·
Registered
389 Posts
Silverrod, Sounds like I didn't understand your question when I replied. You were dealing with the timing at the sickle overlap at the center of the header sounds like after JeffD's reply. Honestly I never paid much attention to this when I had my 9250. Nothing can run into each other there, the timing is just to get the 2 sickles to over lap for a better cut. Mine was always close but figured there was enough movement going on there something was going to get cut one way or the other. Them being in time was the least of my worries/issues when I was running a 9250.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The timing is important to keep the head from shaking. The SCH sickle drives have a flywheel made to the driver and you need both sides all the way out at the same time and all the way in at the same time to keep things in balance. I've found that almost every time one of the rubber dampers in the drive shafts from the sickle drive gearbox to the SCH driver fails it's due to incorrect timing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts