The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the wheat here in SW OK will not make much grain from lack of moisture and high temps at the wrong time.
So we are making much needed hay out of it.
Here are a few pictures of my early 'wheat' harvest.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Man, that is really sad. Does it all look like that? Here is S.C. KS I think we saved some amount of a crop by the rain earlier this week and the last couple days (although some was hailed out).

The guys that knocked the heck out of the wheat price last week ought to view them pictures.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Was that wheat pastured and if so how hard??? What part of SW Oklahoma???

We are going to start moving equipment to Altus and Roosevelt this weekend, lost between 1/3 and 1/2 of the acres we cut there, so I was curious if the pictures are in that area. Our guys are telling us to be ready around the 15th or so for start time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I wouldn't say that you would be ready that early, but that 20-25th would not be out of the question at all. I am from around the Kingfisher area, and I believe that we are about 3 weeks out from trying to cut.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This field is about 7 mi. N of Hobart on Broadway, not pastured, bindweeds sapped the moisture there worse than others. I have one field 6 mi. SE of Hobart that will be looking pretty close by the 15th. Anywhere South of here you will want to be ready by then for sure. As usual, it all depends on the weather and the temps. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here in central Texas there's a farmer we haul grain for. He called us last night and said he was going to start Monday if we didn't get any rain. But last night we had over 2 inches, so it'll probably be at least the end of the week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts