The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to rig up our 1688 in a way that we wouldn't crush the nightshade berries we had in our Great Northern beans. Countless different methods to combine the beans (tough/dry/frozen/with dew) had no effect on the 20%+ dirt tag we were getting. One thing we noticed though, the dirt tag under the right conditions (dry an warm) was acceptable (<5%) until the incline auger and the unloading system. That's where we seemed to have the berries crush and turn my nice white beans in a stickey brown mess. So we rigged up one of our potato conveyors on the side of the combine to avoid the whole problem areas in the combine. Ah, what a person wants to do to get those $ 0.35/lbs beans

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like that!! You gotta think out of the box sometimes......
I see you got the camera setup, good idea!
Besides that, you mainly used bits that you got already.
I asume that the belt is hydraulic driven, and where did you hook it up?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me too! Our land wasn't wet and there were no big rocks, that's why we could do this, but you're right, it IS very close....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to Scandinavian, the belt is electric drive for which we set up a generator and a freqency drive on the rear deck of the combine, After dust and chaff fried my generator we ended up putting the new generator on top of the engine compartment lid, away from most of the dust....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts