The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Blacks and whites nothing. Kidneys and crans I know no one that uses a regular combine for them. Pintos and great northerns, bucket elevator. Maybe a belt conveyor out the side.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have a 06 9760 and harvested white kidneys and crans this year.
You can put buckets in the elevator with no modification and get the deere slow speed kit to run the elevator.
I took out the auger be supports and drilled new holes to that when reinstalled the augers will have alot of clearance and not pinch beans. Much easier and simpler than installing smaller diameter augers.
I bought a belt unloader from Shnell manufacturing in MB that was easy to install and unloads beans as fast as the high rate unload auger...very happy with the system.
The feed accerator has the bean kit and runs at 320 rpm and I installed the swept back paddles. Leave it set up this way for all crops.
The rotor needs to have a kit installed that helps push material out the rotor to the rear beater, you replace the back 4 tines with accerators.

You can do a very good job of any bean down to 17% with this setup, but I still think there is room for improvement in the FAST. At 320 rpm, iI suspect most of the damage is happening here. There needs to be a way to slow it down to 200 rpm and this machine could rival a bean combine.

What I would like to do is run the combine at 1800 rpm (engine) and maintain all the shaft speed alarms. That would be the cat's azz.
Any ideas??

·
Registered
134 Posts
Lots of people in my area do all kinds of dry beans with Deere rotors. I don't have one, but the local dealer might know. They are pretty good. Lots of slow down things guys talk about. 2% splits in 14% moister Black beans. If they are being straight with me????? Tri-County Eq. in Bad Axe, Mi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts