The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to edit the first post of a topic when there is no edit button?

In the AgOpenGPS forums, i would like to update the information on the first post to reflect changes that have occurred.

·
Super Moderator
3,045 Posts
Is there any way to edit the first post of a topic when there is no edit button?

In the AgOpenGPS forums, i would like to update the information on the first post to reflect changes that have occurred.
I can.
You want it entirely replaced?
Post what you want changed and kept.

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
It seems to me that you can initially edit the first post in a thread, but that after a certain time passes you lose that ability. Same for any post I think?

Brian can you edit your first post in this thread?

I suspect that the reason you can't go back and change a discussion is because the others involved may not be around to do the same?

·
Administrator
458 Posts
Hey folks,

Just to answer the original question, a member in this forum has up to 60 days to edit their posts. After that, this option expires. You can, however, reach out to a moderator or admin to request specific changes if there is something that you feel needs to be corrected. I hope that helps to clarify!

Cheers,

Erik

·
Super Moderator
3,045 Posts
Hey folks,

Just to answer the original question, a member in this forum has up to 60 days to edit their posts. After that, this option expires. You can, however, reach out to a moderator or admin to request specific changes if there is something that you feel needs to be corrected. I hope that helps to clarify!

Cheers,

Erik
It does Erik, I had no idea editing expired, makes sense now.
Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts