The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom Ekotuning software optimization now available in SK.

Trevor (based out of Melfort) is servicing central/central-east SK with a special emphasis toward Ag tuning.
Phone: 3068647034
Email info can be found here.

We are NOT a chip company. No additional hardware or modules are installed. All software tuning is performed through the vehicle diagnostic port or in some cases by direct connection to the engine controller (ECU).
With 10 years of tuning experience, EkotuningCom specializes in performance tuning solutions for heavy diesel equipment with a special focus toward Ag machinery. Our tuning philosiphy is to remain within factory specs for any given engine family but our knowledge of diesel engine managment allows us to custom tune beyond factory specs by special request.

We also offer a hand-held programmer for JD machines. If we do not have a dealer in your area, we can ship you a personal programmer allowing you to choose from up to 4 custom made tunes at will. For hand-held programmers please contact us directly via email or by telephone. Contact info can be found here: Ekotuning.Com

Check out our very active FB page too. www.facebook.com/tuningexperts
Here you will find a sampling of our latest activity.

Happy Spring!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have you ever tuned a 2013 case patriot 3230 sprayer? How many hp gained? How hard is extra hp on the smaller wheel motor in 3230? Can I program myself or have to bring in to change settings?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all! I'm Trevor here and I am excited to be representing Ekotuning for Saskatchewan farmers. Im looking forward to custom tuning a variety of machines. Contact info is above. Spring is coming fast! Cheers

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you ever tuned a 2013 case patriot 3230 sprayer? How many hp gained? How hard is extra hp on the smaller wheel motor in 3230? Can I program myself or have to bring in to change settings?
We have tuned the 6.7L engine in many applications but never packaged in the 3230. As a result, I can't give you any specific information based on experience how the wheel motors will hold up with your machine. We've certainly tuned several sprayers of all colours and never had any reports of reliability problems. The latest sprayers to be tuned were 2240's also with 6.7 engine but in Tier 4a configuration.

From an engine standpoint, the 3230 has room for improvment. With rated power at 220hp, there is no reason not to reprogram it to at least 250hp. The 6.7 packaged in a 5140 is rated at 265hp. I suppose it's wise to consider the limits of the driveline but I'd like to think there is a certain amount of over-engineering from the OEM. Real life experience will tell the tale and as I mentioned earlier, no reports of premature failure to date.

We do not yet have a hand-held programmer for these units so it will require a site visit. If you are within reasonable distance from our newest dealer in SK, we can certainly take care of your performance needs.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This is a really nice dyno data sheet from your link. Do you know which type of dyno was used and how they connected it to the sprayer ?

I guess anyone can invent dyno curves with +20% lines drawn by hand and claim them to be true but attached is also a real dyno chart for comparison showing what the 6.7 is capable of. Our chart depicts PTO power. I have no bullet-proof way to guess with certain accuracy what engine power would be but 300hp would be an educated guess.

Obviously a sprayer or combine is next to impossible to dyno test but with extensive testing of the same engine in tractor applications we can develop tunes for other applications as well. Sprayers and combines will be tuned differently then tractors because a they are not required to perform with impressive low rpm torque but rather high rpm horsepower. For this reason we are comfortable tuning a combine or sprayer quite a bit higher then a tractor because the punishing torque to the ground is not a factor.

In any event, we are happy to host ideas from our competitors and debate them in a fair and open manner.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where are you located?
Do you serve Manitoba as well?
Currently we have dealers in AB, SK, ON, QC as well as a few states south of the border. What machines might you be interested in tuning for better performance? In many cases we can find a way to get the job done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts