The Combine Forum banner

Electrical Problem with a 4350 Flexicoil Cart

14K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  lanwickum 
#1 ·
Our Flex Control II monitor is giving a readout of "No Remotes Connected" when everything is hooked up as it should be. We are also getting an error "Communication Error - CAN BUS". We have talked to many people on the phone and it seems like every person has a different idea to try. So far we have changed both terminators, tried a different monitor on the system, tried disconnecting sensors and checked voltages in the harness and nothing has changed the messages that are being displayed. The only thing the monitor is recognizing that it is attached to is the Air Cart Switch Box. The cart is mechanical drive. Has anyone come across this?

#2 ·
Had same error message, my problem was at the connection between the tractor and cart(tbt), Make sure that no pins are pushed back, I actually just used electrical cleaner and dielectric grease on the connector and problem was solved. I would start with all connections between monitor and remotes on cart.

#7 ·
Ones on tillage are for blockage. Try disconnecting them, it doesn't need them. They should not be messing things up, but an easy thing to try. The modules are on the inside of the cart frame. Looks just like the ones on the tillage. I would try to clean connections. Also remove connectors from modules and clean them and reinstall. I think there is an allen head screw in the middle of the connector to remove it on the moduals.

#9 ·
I'm having the same problem on a 2340 variable rate, going down the field you can hear the alarm once in a while for a split second then the "can bus offline" message pops up and I have to pull around and disconect power to reset. Somtimes it will work well for an hour then 4 times in 10 minutes!!! I've had a good tech out numerous times and he's stumped, anybody got a fix, please!!!

#10 ·
If your wiring runs through the hitch it's possible mice got in there and chewed the coating off. I checked ours with an ohm meter and discovered the twisted pairs were shorted together. We pulled the cable about ten feet each direction to check it and discovered two feet chewed up. Repaired it and it works great since.

#11 ·
I bought my cart and drill seperate two years ago, bought the harness from the tractor to the cart new. The drill would quit sowing on its own for a few secs every couple of minutes all day long, peeled back the loom and about 15 ft back from the coupler 2 wires were cut at the factory and pulling away to break contact from going down the field got new harness and worked good last year. Checked the pins in the connections today but would still get a canbus offline couple times an hour. I take the harness between tractor and cart off and into the shop after sowing so it looks good. tks

#12 ·
There is a relay at the aircart battery that will give interiminent problems .the case one I think is 65to100 bucks i found one at car quest for about ten bucks works good .had my conections get kinda crappy (they are separate wires for each tab on relay so when putting in a new relay was a pain ) so I got a plug for it and wired it I so now only takes 5second to change or to just try to swap out with new to see if that is the problem

#13 ·
Tech put in a new relay on the second trip out, if with hyd switched to loading auger the light at the alternator comes on playing with the wireing at the battery and relay the light will go out and you can hear a click in the brain box, but can't find anything wrong in the wireing! We've tried a new brain box, rebuilt monitor, replaced both terminators. I can sow 8 to 10 acres between lickouts so eventually will get done, but would sure be nice to get fixed!!!!

#16 ·
I do like this forum. Seeding with dad's 4350 cart last night and had this problem act up. First was "communications error @.." then a list of remotes. Power down system and repower then get the "no remotes installed" or "communication error can bus". Was getting dark so we quit after checking tractor to cart connection. Figured I better research a bit before I head out to start checking things. This sure does give a good refresher on possible problems. I hope I find the problem quick. Electrical cleaner, dielectric grease, relay, terminator, maybe grab module off my cart I don't use anymore. Take schematics along. Remove all remotes and connect one at a time to isolate a bad remote. Check voltages at implement terminator. Any other good advice? Likely be looking back on this later today. I haven't had many easy fixes this year. The problems never end. Even the guy I hired to spread fert for me to speed things up had fairly major problems and won't make it back today.

Kinda funny because I was showing my uncle how to run this stuff. He is NOT a computer guy. He turned a corner then the ez-steer starting acting up and was over steering like crazy. The flexicontrol monitor was beeping and I was asking what it was saying. Overload for him and he didn't know what to do. Hope it didn't scare him away. He knows the basics of seeding. I try to remind all that stills applies. Get it in the ground and make it grow is what matters. The rest is just to help us out. If it is working.

Here is a link to the service school manual trouble shooting trees, a pdf file. Someone will likely look up this problem again in the future. https://1drv.ms/b/s!AugZcNFRl5qAjMwgX6BrdOk5-TC4oA?e=hnIHlZ whoops, I just noticed I scanned the pages in backwards.

#17 ·
I had a problem with a 2320 cart where the monitor would read nothing on the cart, after a day of checking the wire harness I had the bright idea to unplug all the sensors on the cart, the monitor came alive again and we started to plug things back in again, it died again when we plugged in one of the air velocity sensors, it was shorted out and killed the hole system, just left it unplugged and ran with out it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.