The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our wheat went flat with early snow. Yipee!! :mad:
I am looking foe gauge wheels for our Macdon 972 draper on our swather. 25 foot. Any recommendations?

Looking at the Epire gauge wheels but dont know how well they work. Any experience out there? What do they cost? Looking at wheels because they ground will be sticky and skid shoes will drag.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi I have these on both of my 25 foot 972s. They work great, some people say even better than the stock wheels. I saw my neighbors put them on their 30' along side the stock guage wheels too. I have both the old style without the raise in the middle, and the new style with the raise in the wheel.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
We had them on a Deere 930D header....and they worked very well. Occasionally mud and dirt would get between the wheel and the supporting bracket, stalling the wheel. That may or may not be an issue on the Macdon, depending how the bracket is designed for your particular header.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.