The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started going over mine today before the fall run, and i noticed the bearing was out on the engine fan drive. i looked online at the parts catalog and discovered that there were two different drives for the fan. one was the regular one which i have and one was "high power" you can see the difference in the illistrations, but whats the deal here were these combines offered with two different power ratings or what??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe I'm not understanding the question but doesn't that refer to a fan drive that has 2 speeds or belt positions? I understand it's used to speed up or slow down the radiator fan. Maybe I'm way off here. If so I apologize.

·
Registered
66 Posts
just got a new belt for the amadas which has 9610 engine , ended up going back to town for a different one. it was about 4 inchs shorter between the high power and reg. so assumed they where just changing speed.

·
Registered
321 Posts
brewster,

this is probably more of a upgraded drive than hi/lo power kind of deal, the actual fan drive belt is the same p/n, the fan itself is the same, the fan driven pulley is the same at the fan and the ldler setup is identical. It is just an improvement over the old style bracket with the bearing right next to the fan. It moves the bearing inboard and beefs of the support bracket itself.

jd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts