The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a timer to shut the engine off on my 9500.
I have a timer on my Peterbilt that looks like a timer you see on a hotel bath room light. You turn it past 5 minutes then set the time wanted and turn the key off and it will shut off the enigne when the timer shuts off. It works great. Has anyone done this to a combine or tractor?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Never have seen the specific style your talking about with a turn dial, especially with the electronics we have today.

There are alot of manufacturer's that make Turbo-Timer's though and they are all relatively easy to install. The biggest problem i see you having would be running the wire since deere's harness gets pretty confusing.

I really can't see the advantage of installing one in a combine unless your constantly shutting your machine on/off throughout the day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do shut the combine and grain cart tractor off several times a day which adds up to a lot of time waiting for engines to cool down.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
gotcha,

i love timers, installing them can be a bit of a pain however.

with some wiring genius, you could easily wire one of these for your combine. HKS/Greddy/bully dog has one as well i believe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts