The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone explain to me why we are forced to purchase an expensive engine oil filter - plus the element holder - every time you wish to change the oil in your Case or NH combine that has the Iveco 10lt motor. :(
What a waste of resources - apart from the price! :mad:
What are NA customers paying for this filter package? Especially when it's made in a very low cost country.
PN: 5801592262

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked one up a month ago and was able to buy the element separate now. I think it was about $75.00 cdn.
You wouldn't know the PN for the element only?

I have a sneaking suspicion that we in OZ are getting "reamed" again on parts pricing. A$159 = CA$156 - for the complete box, is what I would consider getting a good reaming :mad:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Had a chat to our case dealer about a simliar filter (12.9l) a month ago. He looked into it there are 2 part numbers but looks like cnh aus ordered a truck load of them complete with housing. Until they sell out were screwed.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I was told that they changed the element and the housing was different for the new elements. So they were selling them together, in hope that everyone would get the new housing. I had the new element and old housing = quadtrac stuck half way in the shed for a day until I got the right housing.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
What is even more ridiculous than the design and cost of this filter is that when I got one of the first tractors off the line with this new "special" filter there was none available through parts! They told me: Don't change your oil for awhile...:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.