The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
does JD actually built any of their own engines???? I have been told that NATIONAL ENGINE BUILDERS builts their engines and that a lot of the detroit parts interchange with JD. I wonder if any of this is true ? but who ever buits them they are good.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
considering our 1480's the john deere guys are always bashing only burn about a quart every 50 hours with over 5000hrs on the clock i would say 3 quarts per day is quite excessive.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
whats up with the engine problems I've been hearing about? you guys wouldnt say a word if they all shucked their cookies..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry, this wasnt the best place for my
? but wondering if there is anything to do or just run it .I will also say I really like the machine. Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
know a bloke who was harvesting on a farm with 4 9770's and 3 out of the 4 done the engine and one only had 120 eng hours on it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My 9760 burn some oil around 3Qs on a long day is this a big deal and if it is will deere help?
Link to Post - B
I hope you are not adding oil everyday to it? Every engine will seek its own oil level. You should only add oil when it reaches the add line on the dip stick.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Tom I don't know about the engines blowing up, but lay off FT he just asked a question......
...That is why I deleted your posts earlier. They were uncalled for.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
@Farmertony:
I can tell you about engine problems on our three 8010s,not our 9870STS though.Had to replace injectors on one of our 07 8010s after it was sitting in the field for a week during harvest,when the service tech guys tried to locate the problem.Then there is another engine problem,and thats called fuel consumption.Our 8010 burnt 2.8gals/acre average,our Deere 1.3gals/acre.The best Case did 3900 acres,the Deere did 4160 acres...Do the math by yourself how much fuel we could have saved and how many acres more we could have done using four 9870s...

·
Super Moderator
2,520 Posts
OK, I'll just make a few swift calibrations here.
So you would have allowed 44 Liters of oil consumption.
Actual use was 4 liters.
In other words I never added oil at all.
In 260 hours.
That guideline seems far too high a consumption to me.

Don

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
yeah heaps of engines are clapping out. you'd have to be mad to buy green. red power all the way. they are king.

john deere just completely and utterly sux. surely more than half the contributors to the JD forum know that....

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Maybe FT was asking because he is looking at buying a 8345RT and wanted to make sure the 9L in it is going to be solid. I had heard about the sleeve issue also, not to mention the burning to the ground issue.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I don't think he was picking a fight. Its very common to hear about engine issues
Some are just failures but this crackshaft deal is still one??? I've read a few post this fall about a few and wow I would think this would be under controll

Also. TIER 3. = SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts