The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody also heard rumor that the ergot level for a #1 is going to be raised to 0.04 for new crop?? Local Pioneer rep said this the other day.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Updated tolerances of 0.04% ergot and 0.04% sclerotinia for all grades except feed in the following classes of Wheat, CW: Red Spring, Hard White Spring, Red Winter, Soft White Spring, Extra Strong, Prairie Spring Red, Prairie Spring White.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
Can always count on you for grading stuff!

Thanks!
Better, and simpler.
You're the first one I thought of when I read the title.:)

·
Registered
395 Posts
With gravity tables and color sorters I wonder if it they will ever be acknowledged as dockage removal equip or fall under cleaning for grade improvement?

I think most elevators including the ports now have color sorters and bring all ergot to within tolerance.

Agree better and simpler at least for now.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wouldn't you know it, standards eased and ergot pretty well a non-event here this year.:rolleyes:
#4 CWRS was implemented basically to move low falling #3 Cwrs through the system. Wheat that had good milling with similar qualities as #3 but had more sprouting.

This year may be just that kind of year but also #4 was dropped this year. I bet the sprad between feed and #3cwrs will be wider this year.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
#4 CWRS was implemented basically to move low falling #3 Cwrs through the system. Wheat that had good milling with similar qualities as #3 but had more sprouting.

This year may be just that kind of year but also #4 was dropped this year. I bet the sprad between feed and #3cwrs will be wider this year.
I was only referring to ergot, good point on the rest wm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts