The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago over beers at the north 40, I remember Don asking me if we used ether in Australia. My reply was yeah, it's called "Start Ya *******"

Well, we just finished cleaning out Dad's shed on the farm and found a part can.

Don, I haven't found an empty can to cut open and send to you yet, so a pic might have to do at the moment!

Sorry to hear that the north 40 is no more, drinking beer in a hail storm was pretty memorable!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I could just see it if we had that product over in Canada and I couldn't find any in one of those automotive/outdoor/household type stores and asking one of the ladies who work there as to where the "Start Ya *******" is and trying to get them to say it ... and watch moms covering their children's ears and whisking them away from this dreadful man who's cursing :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
guess that's calling a spade a spade!

Maybe they get away with it because most stores probably sell one can every 3 years, we don't use much down here.

Just got me wondering how they ship it around in large quantities, you would think it would be pretty dangerous, maybe it is not as strong as the medical stuff they used as anasthetic ....anesthetic (sp?).... ah bugger it , you know the stuff that they used to knock you out for operations.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I can see it now, a Sea Can lot full of "Start Ya Bastar-d" shipped over from Australia to Canada and the US for distribution through the Combine Forum ;)

It just struck me as I was looking at that can, it most likely does not fit in the ether injection holders we have on a lot of equipment in North America that is connected to a button in the cab. I doubt that Australian made equipment has such an item unless it was shipped over there as it came off the same assembly line here just as block heaters would be also.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I'd be grateful for even an empty can, I'd go around to the equipment dealers and ask for a new can ... yeah, that would be a conversation starter. I'd even elaborate on how well it worked as I chanted the "Start Ya Bastar-d" logo a few times and of course yelling it out for the benefit of those in ear shot at the parts counter :D

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Well at least the marketing dept caught the true feelings of anyone trying to start a diesel in sub zero temps! Ya'll can't tell me that exact phrase isn't going through your head as you sit in the cab freezing your arse off cranking the engine :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.