The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real big job! Changing the hopper on a 2388, here are some pictures with the hopper removed. Will post more pics on the way back togethor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is an aftermarket straw chopper which is built by Redekop mfg. of saskatoon,saskatchewan, canada. they are put on combines that don't have a factory straw chopper. it is usually cheaper to do this rather than put a new factory one in.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I take it that the machine is a later one with no paint on those sod bolt/screws,still I dont envy you. Hope it goes back ok

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would have been great, but that wasn't the case. This is still one that was painted after it was assembled.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't envy you either, those screws were a pig when we took off our rear left panels! Great pics, just goes to show how much weight is in the lower part of the machine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
About 12 years a go I pulled one out of a 1660. It's quite a job and really makes it not look like a combine. I can't remember how long it took us "2" but it was something that I will remember it for life do you work a case-ih dealership?? send me a pm lets chat...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts