The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just the fact of modern day manufacturing if other companies do your work for you, you can't guarantee the quaility. sorry guys just glad it's your problem

·
Registered
693 Posts
Re: everyone get heir new engines yet?

Thanks for getting the bugs out of the 8010's..........Did CNH throw in a free can of RAID to keep em out?

Glad to see you make the jump to the REAL combine talk!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

Ha Ha Ha. Funny stuff.

Alright gentlemen, keep this from being a color bashing contest.

-Lance

·
Registered
693 Posts

Awe come on Lance..........Gotta have some fun once and a while

No harm, no foul.

Best wishes to all.

·
Registered
209 Posts

A new crank is all that our shop is doing to them. I work in the parts dept. and all we are getting in are the new cranks. No complete engines.

·
Registered
588 Posts

New crank. I have heard (second hand) deere is going to put a 10 year warrenty on these engines. Can't remember how many hours, it was alot though. I will have to see if this is true.

I think I am trading it anyway for a new one if we can get a little closer on price.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Acording to a friend at the green dealer, JD is sending new cranks for most engines. Any that have broken get new engines. They were told they would get 3 cranks at a time. I think he said they will get 20 hours labor from Deere to replace each one. I gott tell you, a man has got to get real good to pull down and replace cranks in 20 hours on most of todays compacted equipment designs.

Just a rumor, but on another site a guy quoted his friend who was supposed to work for Deere as saying that the company was going to strech it out so that the dealers did not know just how many engines they wuld have to change. As they got their list done they would get sent another list.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm a little confused on this issue. My dealer says the problem is too small of an oil journal and subsequently lack of lube on one of the bearings. He also stated that the cranks that they have replaced have shown signs of accelerated wear at the problem site. Since when can less than normal lube case a crank breakage? I can see a spun bearing and simailar problems, but a broken crank??!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Quote:Acording to a friend at the green dealer, JD is sending new cranks for most engines. Any that have broken get new engines. They were told they would get 3 cranks at a time. I think he said they will get 20 hours labor from Deere to replace each one. I gott tell you, a man has got to get real good to pull down and replace cranks in 20 hours on most of todays compacted equipment designs.

Just a rumor, but on another site a guy quoted his friend who was supposed to work for Deere as saying that the company was going to strech it out so that the dealers did not know just how many engines they wuld have to change. As they got their list done they would get sent another list.

The technician at our dealership that is performing all of the crank swaps told me the other day that he gets 15 hours to change one out. He said that he has done 8 so far and has gotten to the point where he can get it done in about 10 hours. He has some help getting the hood off and setting it back on and taking the motor out and setting it in. But thats all the help he usually needs. We received a shipment of 8 cranks at one time. Now we are waiting for more so that he can continue changing them out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is typical.
The reason for the waiting list for crank kits is not the shortage of cranks. It is a shortage of bearings. So says the TAM.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No, they do not make their own bearings.

They didn't even manufacture the cranks in question.
A lot of stuff is made by suppliers any more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The last ones I put in a 4020 were Federal-Mogul. We have not started doing any of the new crank kits yet, not sure what will be in them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts