The Combine Forum banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
The climate change agenda is the next item to increase spending on for economic stimulus. Was already started before covid got in the way.
Right on so let’s figure a way to profit from it. I’m open to suggestions

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
I find it hilarious how many people complain about cheap chinese goods as if it were somehow the fault of the Chinese. Chinese companies will produce whatever goods we demand of them. Right now Canada (and the US) are demanding low quality goods at the lowest possible price. And that's what we're getting. And it's not just the Chinese either. Have you done any electrical work lately? Electrical panels, boxes, etc, are all made in the US, and are complete garbage. Thin crappy metal, sharp edges everywhere (looking at you, Eaton). They are made the cheapest they can get away with and still barely meet requirements to be stamped with CSA or whatever.

After WWII, Japan found a niche producing low-quality imitation products to meet our demands. Eventually they re-invented themselves as a producer of high-quality (and comparatively high-priced) luxury goods.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I can’t say much I’m always about getting the cheapest price possible. So sadly guilty as charged

Reactions: torriem

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Right on so let’s figure a way to profit from it. I’m open to suggestions
I'm sure there are a few things. None of which make much difference but the environmental lobby doesn't seem to think much about actual effectiveness and true cost.

Solar installations -- there are many farmers in my area getting into this. One farm not that far away took out a pivot and put a whole quarter section into solar. I have other neighbors who have several smaller solar installations. These are intended to offset their own electrical use, and thanks to government programs they are doing that and making a few extra dollars.

Organic farming!

Order the Ford F-150 lightning. Surely the goverment will give you something for doing that!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Then you are a conspiracy nut too Slip Clutch. Because I talk all this nonsense of how governments can't actually inflate their way out of debt where as even the Federal Reserve who are the foremost experts are the one creating high inflation. It is in their mandate to create 2% inflation. And government who gives the Fed their mandate is on board with it too. Which means I am pretty much alone in a sea of experts in my contrarian view. Which puts my thinking as pure conspiracy talk.

Oh well. Maybe our government will solve the problem of the shrinking middle class and poor getting poorer by ever increasing the government control. It hasn't worked yet, and there is no signs of it ever working. But we are told it will. I am pretty I can solve those problems though. But then again, that could just be the tinfoil messing with my brain.

As for the comment on climate change agenda. Yes, that is a key role. It's multifaceted but one facet is the ability for government to expand debt via those initiatives.

Step 1
Create Great Financial Crisis to drop interest rates and con the peasants into taking on massive debt. When debt saturation is max move to Step 2.

Step 2
Create plandemic to roll out basic income supplement therefore giving money directly to peasants to spend as debt has maxed out. Debt slaves are also less likely to risk job loss so won't stand up to an authoritarian regime because, well, they are debt slaves and need to pay their obligations. Move on to Step 3.

Step 3
Personal debt is maxed out. Basic income supplement already trailed. Need to expand debt expansion further so government will work directly with corporations on green investments and infrastructure. Reference Build Back Better, that was baked in the cake many years ago.

Step 3 doesn't solve the velocity of money problem so we may see another crisis as an excuse to pump more money into the hands of the debt slaves. But they may just forgo this and move right past by saying it no longer matters what the peasants do because governments will simply assume full control of the economy via partnerships with corporations. The peasants serve the new structure rather than the daily lives of the peasants creating the structure. The new system is also known previously as fascism.
Ok I won’t go as far as you tho on the conspiracy front. Lol.
But I’m interested in what you have to say. It takes everyone to make the world turn.
that’s what makes good conversation.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I'm sure there are a few things. None of which make much difference but the environmental lobby doesn't seem to think much about actual effectiveness and true cost.

Solar installations -- there are many farmers in my area getting into this. One farm not that far away took out a pivot and put a whole quarter section into solar. I have other neighbors who have several smaller solar installations. These are intended to offset their own electrical use, and thanks to government programs they are doing that and making a few extra dollars.

Organic farming!

Order the Ford F-150 lightning. Surely the goverment will give you something for doing that!
So I want to make money not lose my shirt like this rest of this country is doing

Investment ideas stocks company’s.

Reactions: torriem

·
Registered
831 Posts
You want to make $$$$ buy this stupid over price restate. Houses or land. Land just sold today for 8k per. They have a better pencil than me. I guess
oh no ! oh yes ! That is the second piece of land close by now sold for 8grand!. Are those guys thinking they got a heck of a deal! If they pay cash maybe but on a mortgage that will cost you around 15000 an acre when its paid off assume current interest rates. Well if rates double! eeeeeehhhhhhhhh!!

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Banker told us that if interest rates rise by just 2%, he has more than a few farm clients that would be sunk.

One of my neighbors just acquired yet another farm this winter. He's been slowly buying up just about everyone in the area. Provided rates stay low I suppose he has the critical mass now to grow a lot more yet. If rates go up, he can always divest some of the land, but if that ever happened, who would he sell to? Especially if land prices stay high. Of course if they crash, then he'd be in real trouble. Currently local land prices are being influenced by guys looking to replace land the highway twinning project is gobbling up. Last I heard the gov't was paying $15k an acre as they want to push through prime irrigated farm land.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Energy company’s. Lithium company’s. Anything that is needed for the electric car battery’s. It’s bullshit but that’s what governments are forcing on us. Also hydrogen power or production.
Kinda what I’m looking at.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Energy company’s. Lithium company’s. Anything that is needed for the electric car battery’s. It’s bullshit but that’s what governments are forcing on us. Also hydrogen power or production.
Kinda what I’m looking at.
I would add nuclear to that. It's pretty much the most dense non carbon fuel that can be used for base power load when the sun don't shine and the wind don't blow. Japan is restarting its program after Fucishima, France is going all in, UK is has given the go ahead for modular reactors and China (if you believe it) wants to build 150 reactors in the next decade I think

Options are to buy physical uranium, individual stocks or I believe there is a couple of ETF's that pretty much have every producer in them as there are so few. Supply is majorly behind demand if all this plays out in the coming years, so could be a decent ride up.
Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I would add nuclear to that. It's pretty much the most dense non carbon fuel that can be used for base power load when the sun don't shine and the wind don't blow. Japan is restarting its program after Fucishima, France is going all in, UK is has given the go ahead for modular reactors and China (if you believe it) wants to build 150 reactors in the next decade I think

Options are to buy physical uranium, individual stocks or I believe there is a couple of ETF's that pretty much have every producer in them as there are so few. Supply is majorly behind demand if all this plays out in the coming years, so could be a decent ride up.
Just my two cents.
[/QUOTE
Ya that’s a good idea. I looked at fusion company’s but did not find anything I liked. Played with a few U company’s back in the day but never made anything

·
Registered
830 Posts
Re: high priced land

Interest can be locked in, for 10-25 years.

Reported inflation is what, 6% ytd? Actually more like 15-20%? Bank offering 1.25% interest on savings accts. Land is +7% year over year in western Canada per FCC data. Buy when there's blood in the streets they say.

It's consolidation. Either you're in and a player or you're not. Some guys might go down if she all blows up. Some won't. Some will just be talking about the bto neighbor in the coffee shop.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Land around here is all selling for 8500/ac. Most sells very quickly, some in a few days if advertised. Some never gets advertised, doesn’t need to. Some farmers, some business people, it doesn’t matter who, it just sells.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Last year when some land became available nearby, we did some spreadsheeting to determine what kind of offer we could practically make (land went for over twice that). Then for fun he took the estimated yearly payment on that loan and calculated what it would look like if we paid that money into an investment account each year at a fairly conservative rate of return. Unsurprisingly, the numbers were strongly in favor of investing the money, rather than buying the land. This is assuming that our goal was to buy the land and keep it indefinitely, rather than buy it to sell it.

So there is some good wisdom in investing as others have mentioned above. Investments aren't just for individuals; corporations like farms can own them as well.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Thinking invest in engineering and construction companies,all this infrastructure needs rebuilding that was damaged plus roads and cities infrastructure has been neglected for years they will have to be repaired. I’m sure SNC will get big grants to do it
Hehe I had a buddy say but stock in SNC since the government will never let it go broke
Same as Air Canada
Bombardier

61 - 80 of 96 Posts