The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just throwing this out there... we have a case 210CX excavator, we bought a chuck blade used with 300 series lugs. A company in acheson wants $1600 just for a set of 200 series lugs!!

There is a local welding shop that has a plasma table.
My question is, what's the chance anyone has the cut file for a plasma table for these lugs??

The guy said if I brought accurate templates he could copy them, but I thought theres gotta be the cut file for these floating around somewhere!
Just hoping someone did the hard part already!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Don’t know if you have ever checked out weldingweb.com but there are a lot of guys there that work with buckets that might be able to help. Heck the right Ritchie sale a whole bucket could probably be had for 1000

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did you manage to find a solution to this? I also have an excavator, and it's way too expensive to get these parts.
I’ve made my own with a torch and they’ve worked out well with tears of use. I found some rings that were the right diameter and clamped them to the plate to use as a guide. You need to have a good tip and be steady. If that’s not something you want to try, any shop with a cnc plasma or water jet cutter could get you set up if you give them an accurate template or drawings.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Cardboard template of existing lugs. Some CAD programs can take a picture and create a drawing. If you check out ritchie auctions, sometimes they will sell there. 200 and 250s are common lugs. Sell your 300 lugs on Kijiji. I am looking for wbm 250 lugs. I was looking at making my own, but I think 1 1/4 inch plate plate is something like 140 bucks a foot, and I think I needed about 6 square feet to make 2 lugs. Since I don't need the lugs right now, I am just gonna keep looking for a used set.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would love to see some pictures of this! It's pretty difficult to find the right tools for an excavator since the machine itself is expensive and every piece of equipment can cost a lot. I am assuming that you are making money with this machine or you are renting it out because I cannot see any other reason to own one if this is not the case. When I had to build my house, I've rented machines from mayxaydungmh.com because there was no point in buying an excavator or something similar to that, since I was only going to use them once

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm also looking to get some 250 lugs. What type of steel are most guys using for the lugs? Imagine would want some good quality steel. Got an estimate of 1000-1200 depending on how much steel is used. Not Sure what type of steel he's quoting. That's out of southern MB.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm also looking to get some 250 lugs. What type of steel are most guys using for the lugs? Imagine would want some good quality steel. Got an estimate of 1000-1200 depending on how much steel is used. Not Sure what type of steel he's quoting. That's out of southern MB.
No need to use anything other than mild steel
Just keep your wedge tight so it doesn’t start to move

1 - 8 of 8 Posts