The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across some combine parts, in particular for a 700 wide body. Some of the threshing components, such as the concave and preconcave grates, have a "speckle coating" appearance. I can only guess this is an extended wear option, although I have never seen one in person for a Lexion. The components look about like new yet, but I don't know the hours. Looked like small wire preconcaves and large wire main concave. I know there are a few aftermarket Lexion options for the concaves and preconcaves and I am familiar with their pricing.

Does this sound like factory extended wear?
What would the value be for the pre concaves and main concave?

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Wow that looks like very little to no wear. I wonder if it had that wear coating on for rice. Are you going to try modify this for your narrow body.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks exceptionally nice, although I don't know the hours. The main concave is also like that.

I am considering using them within my narrow body HHS concave. I would have to shorten one of them to reduce overall width, from wide body to narrow. The APS frame needs the grate to sit on the frame at the borders. The HHS concave does not require this, as they simply slide in a channel, so shortening one wouldn't be an issue.

A side note about the HHS concave. The grates go in backwards compared to the APS. I find this advantageous as you can utilize the back side of the rub bars.

·
Registered
382 Posts
That appears to me like it has been chromed. Gleaner concave looks just like that and they have chrome on them to reduce wear.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, maybe so Tin man. I thought chrome looked more smooth, like a chrome bumper. I will look into that, thanks. Regardless, it looks effective.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts