The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes

use a null modem cable between the EZ-Guide lbar and the Pro 600. Make sure the Pro 600 is set to accept GPS on RS232B. I believe the EZ-Guide lbars are setup by default to send the correct data stream to the 600.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Am taking delivery of a 7088 for this years harvest. The combine has the afs 600 monitor, is it possible to get the 600 connected to my Ez 150 or 500 to give me a GPS signal for yield mapping? I see there is a RS232 port in the bottom of the 600 display. No one can seem to give me a proper answer here in the UK, any help would be good.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Make sure that you have the RIGHT cable! I used my ez 500 w/ my Agleader monitor this spring, when I hooked up the Null modem cable I kept blowing fuses, come to find out that the Ag Leader is connector is pinned a certain way so I was getting feedback from the ez guide. Once I had the right cable evewrthing worked great, took about 20 fuses to figure this out.

Good Luck

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMHO, one of the worst brainfarts AgLeader ever had was to create their own customized serial port pinout configuration. You're one of many to run into this or similar issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have just received the new 7088 and have now attached the trimble ez150. Very simple, bought a "null modem" cable from amazon.co.uk and connected the 600 display to the ez150. Had to tell the 600 display that it had a "custom" gps source then change the settings to take an incoming connection from the 232 port. Increased the baud rate on the 150 and that was it, now have yield mapping. Did get some paperwork from case to tell me what to do, I think the 250 display needs a different cable but the 150 and 500 displays are simply the null modem cable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts